View Full Version : fast rasterizer: how it works?
could anybody explain how fast rasterizer works for max, does it make your rendertime more faster? and is it more efficient to use than sampling?
thanks in advance:D
06-04-2007, 05:45 AM
It works by dicing objects into micropolygons, and it decouples shading and sampling.
In practice, it's good for
- very fine geometries (hair)
- speeding up your motion blur (a lot!)
It is less suited for
- scenes with very heavy raytracing
- scenes strongly utilizing the low-discrepancy QMC sampling for optimal quality (i.e. scenes with lots of area lights and glossy reflections)
- Scenes with large empty or smooth (untextured areas) and many small details/textures in one spot (because rasterizer does not shade adaptively, but at a fixed rate of shades per pixel)
Thanks Zap, that's very useful:)
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Has the problem with the fast raterizer - coloured fluorecent dots - been solved in the mean time?
thanks for the info and tips masterzap:)
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.